Pages

October 4, 2011

How I Met Your Mother S06E04 - The Barney Stinson Missile Crisis

It looks like How I Met Your Mother has found its footing this season and for the most part it's all good. 
Once again the show proves it's staying power is in the story telling. 'The Barney Stinson Missile Crisis' takes us on a memory trip of Robin who assaulted a girl. The story works in the sense that you continue to guess who she attacked and how it all went down but it fails in the sense that you really don't care how the stories tie in. The stories already work, so why do the writers bother themselves by promising it will all make sense when in fact, it doesn't really matter if they don't.

For instance, Marshall and Lily dealing with Ted budding in the baby business is fun and honest to their relationships. I would watch it regardless of Robin's story. In fact, Robin's story gets pushed to the background by Lily & company. Perhaps 'cause it's so predictable and I really don't care how it ends. Perhaps because I am over Robin and Barney and am not yet convinced Barney would actually do all of that all the time for whatsherface.
Ok, lots of emotions obviously. Anyway I did enjoy the episode, it was classic How I Met Your Mother with fun cutaways and stories that were presented for the future. Which begs the question, couldn't this show have just been called How My Group Of Friends Tells Really Extensive Stories?

No comments:

Post a Comment