Pages

November 8, 2011

How I Met Your Mother S07E09 - Disaster Averted

How ridiculous can it get? No, I'm not going to complain about how How I Met Your Mother is past its prime because this episode had just enough ridicule. I love crazy, as long as it's so crazy that we can all laugh about it. And with bears attacking out of nowhere, you're doing just fine in my book.
This was actually one of the best episodes of the so-so season for How I Met Your Mother. Kevin remained in the background where he belonged and we were actually locked up with the gang, the way it should be.
I love hurricanes for that reason. They force the group of any show to get together and just explore the characters. However, How I Met Your Mother didn't even go that deep.
The entire episode served for comedy's sake first and everything else second. We had chases, saving children, slap bets and well, the bear just was really funny.
Also, this wasn't your standard exploration episode. In fact, the episode moved fast through the timeline, allowing for more stories, revelations and developments. Exactly what the show is good at.
Meanwhile, characters got some wonderful moments as Lily got sick of Marshall and Robin's daddy issue was addressed again.
A lot of factors worked really well in the episode. Everything was incredibly well dosed and I loved every development. Even the most cheesy, predictable one at the end of the episode. Somehow, ridiculous twists like that are forgiven as long as everything else is just as bizarre. For the first time in weeks, I'm pleased with How I Met Your Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment