Pages

September 27, 2011

Gossip Girl S05E01 - Yes Then Zero

Can you fall back in love with a show? Yes. Amounts of times I thought about not punning the title? Zero.
I really, really liked the premiere, obviously. Everything fit in the right place, even the things I first hated. For one I really disliked the cliffhanger last year. I didn't want some lame mystery about who was pregnant and for most of the episode, it was dealt with exactly that way. Most of the episode.

Fortunately, things took a nice turn thanks to Dorota and the sudden believable relationship between Blair and the prince. I was always sceptic about her feelings, since there were three men going after Blair's heart. But now that one has found himself and the other one is even a bigger douche than before, Louise is actually not a bad option. The possibilities of Blair dealing with the pregnancy are endless.
Meanwhile, I was really wondering why the show would go to L.A. other than that's incredibly cheap to shoot at the WB lot. But the ending with Ivy getting in the picture, unwillingly, made up for everything. I was really done with Charlie and couldn't see how she could play a part. But knowing she comes back into the picture without her consent makes up for a lot. Also, the L.A. story brought together Chuck, Nate and Serena who make up for a very fun team. First of all, Nate was actually a character this episode and I was pleasantly surprised by Chuck's "Yes Man" take on life.
The only real problem I had with the episode was Elizabeth Hurley. I can only utter the question "Why?" Because I just don't, don't understand it. Anyone got any ideas?
Anyhow, the episode was wonderful. Blair looked like a princess, Dan's only friend is still his dad and this season has so much potential I almost forgot about all the shipping that is still happening on the background.
I'm ready. Bring it on Gossip Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment