Pages

September 20, 2011

How I Met Your Mother S07E01 - The Best Man



When the season opens it is immediately clear how the show will continue. In a likely event, it will be without me.
It's not that How I Met Your Mother doesn't deliver the laughs, because to a certain point it does. But even so it is to a much lesser extent than before. I don't know if it's because I am more aware of the writers' tricks or because the show outgrew itself but it was a lot of easy shooting last night.

Not in the last place because of the story. I have come to the point where I don't even care who Barney is going to marry or who Ted is going to meet. The writers keep dropping traces but never a clue and my patience has run out.
Where the show still manages to shine is character. When Ted tells Robin he stopped believing it feels real and logical and don't get me started on the times Marshall and Lily say the word "baby".
Of course, there's still the issue of Robin and Barney who seem to have no chemistry at all and the large amount of stories Ted has to tell before any development occurs. I'm not sure if I want to stick around for that. I love the gang but I really want to go to bed, so can this story be over already?

No comments:

Post a Comment