Pages

September 21, 2011

Two And A Half Men S09E01 - Nice To Meet You, Walden Schmidt



The show screams "judge me by my looks, not by my content".

The only reason why I really hated Two And A Half Men all these years was because of Mr. Sheen. Now I just hate it because of it's horrible humor. The jokes are terribly easy and the laugh track has become it's own character to whom you don't relate. I was hoping for a complete reinvention of the show, instead it just became less horrible to look at.
The best thing about the episode were the guest stars. A nicely B-starstudded funeral and of course the revisiting of Chuck Lorre's previous creations. I loved the moment Jenna Elfman walked in right before Thomas Gibson joined her. Not only was the image of Dharma & Greg immediately back but also tweaked in the sense that suddenly, they were very different from the Dharma & Greg we remembered.
It's very ironic that the best scene of the episode had very little to do with the show itself. Kutcher might be there and might be joking but he didn't raise the bar. Instead he had to get naked to really show his assets.
In essence the show remains the same and there is nothing for me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment